I got home today and found that my Pebble watch had arrived. I kickstarted the standard black one on the second day of the event, so I was pretty early in the batch run. Here is a few unboxing photos:
Front of the box
top of the box
Side of the box - you can see how the opening is part of the box. Apple totally changed the way that people think about packaging.
The box open. Watch and charger. No manual. Nothing but that image and a URL.
The usb to custom magnetic charger end.
The Pebble itself.
I know some of the photos are bad, but I wanted to show the size. Here is the charger attached to the watch.
So first impressions:
- Watch is big. Even on my wrist.
- Once you start charging the watch, a quick 2 second push of one of the 4 buttons turns it on.
- Backlight is nice.
- Pairing via Bluetooth easy.
- Updating with iPhone app - took a while for the update to be recognized but worked from there.
- Today, you can get the watch, get notifications, control music on your phone, and set an alarm. That is it. None of the cool apps are turned on yet.
- Watch vibration for alerts is very strong.
- When you get a call, it vibrates and shows the CallerID. Very cool.
- The watchband is heavy, uncomfortable plastic. must replace it.