This June I will be one of the speakers for the free virtual conference SPBiz Conference, covering all things SharePoint on June 17th & 18th 2015. A solo session for me, but also speaking at the event is just named MVP Michael Blumenthal.
A real world view of Application Modernization in the SharePoint world
Application Modernization is a hot buzzword in the IT world today. For many, it means the migration of old application to new platforms and technology. At PSC, it means much more. Application Modernization is about taking modern consumer technology influences – User Experience, Modern Workflow, Mobile, Social and Cloud, and applying it to the enterprise space. This session will look at those five disruptive technologies and apply them to Microsoft SharePoint and Office 365. Real world customer examples will highlight how each disruption can have a positive impact inside your organization and recommendations on how to apply Application Modernization.
Why is this topic of interest to the attendees?
Attendees will leave the session with a great understanding of a methodology and deliverables and tasks on taking SharePoint from a document library to a modern web application platform. This session is designed to demonstrate the art of the possible with tangible actions to get there. Examples of customers who applied Application Modernization to their SharePoint implementations will be highlighted. This session is about excitement and idea generation.
This session covers SharePoint implementations in whole and user interface items such as Master Pages and theming. It will also cover SharePoint on-premises vs. SharePoint Online/Cloud features and implementation.
In this session, you will learn...
- how to view SP as a modern web application platform
- why Application Modernization is a methodology you should be applying internally
- how future SharePoint on-premises and SharePoint Online releases will change your application development strategy
- Applying Bootstrap themeing to SP can change the entire user experience
- Why responsive design is the most important design pattern
- other companies have taken an evolutionary step in user experiences
Developers, Project Managers, CxO's, IT Pro's, Business Analysts, Executives